The PvXwiki community finds this to be an important part of the metagame.
If you disagree with this rating, please discuss it on the build's talk page.
This build has been designed for the following use:
This build concentrates on the Ranger's snaring abilities gained from the elite skill Crippling Shot. With other utility skills from the Wilderness Survival line, the user is able to spread conditions throughout the enemy team. In combination with condition removal provided from the Monk's Protection Prayers line, and the use of the Ranger's Expertise attribute, Touch and Ranger skills have reduced energy costs. This results in an extremely versatile build that can provide both excellent defense as well as offense for a PvP team.
Attributes and Skills
<pvxbig> [build prof=range/monk expert=12+1+1 wilder=9+1 marksm=9+1 protec=3][crippling shot][optional][distracting shot][Savage Shot][apply poison][mending touch][natural stride][resurrection signet][/build]
- [[Lightning Reflexes (PvP@14] - IAS + Blocking.
- [[Point Blank Shot@14] - Big damage.
- 5x Radiant or Survivor Insignia
- Superior Vigor
- Minor Expertise
- Minor Marksmanship
- Minor Wilderness Survival
- Poisonous Recurve of Fortitude, 15^50
- Poisonous Recurve of Fortitude, +5 energy
- Crippling Recurve of Fortitude, +5 energy
- Sundering Flatbow of Fortitude, 15^50
- Poisonous Spear of Defense, +5 energy
- Strength Shield of Fortitude, -20% cripple
- Strength Shields of Fortitude, +10 armor vs each damage type
- Keep Apply Poison active when you're attacking to spread Poison with each arrow fired.
- Snare enemies using Crippling Shot. Remember that this can be used both for offensive purposes (slowing down fleeing targets) and defensive purposes (slowing down foes chasing you or your team).
- Interrupt enemies with Distracting Shot and Disrupting Shot. Note each skill's inherent effects besides just the interrupt.
- Remove harmful Conditions with Mending Touch.
- Use Natural Stride for a general-purpose speed boost. It's also useful when under attack from melee opponents.
- Revive fallen party members with Resurrection Signet.
- It's also helpful to use Natural Stride right before Apply Poison and Resurrection Signet to decrease chances of being physically interrupted.
- Illusion Mesmers' Fast Casting and hexes make them the natural bane of Cripshots. Depending on your skill, the safest solution lays usually in either interrupt Crippling Anguish and then staying out of range, or using height advantage as leverage for the first shot, and, again, keeping the foe out of range at all times.
- With little to counter enemy attacks, it is often best to Cripple the enemy and flee when targeted.
- Because of the slower degen compared to a Burning Arrow ranger, the build finds it hard to score solo kills vs an enemy base defender in GvG.
- If you are in Alliance Battles or Competitive Missions then you should take out Resurrection Signet for a hex removal such as Remove Hex.
- Take Blackout and Antidote Signet instead of Optional and Mending Touch to disable Monks during spikes. Drop 1 point from Expertise, take a Major Rune of Expertise, and spec 6 into Domination Magic.
- Death Pact Signet and Antidote Signet or Pure Was Li Ming can replace Resurrection Signet and Mending Touch if your team needs Hard Rez.
- Rend Enchantments