The PvXwiki community finds this to be an excellent build.
If you disagree with this rating, please discuss it on the build's talk page.
This build has been designed for the following use:
The OF/Famine Farmers use Obsidian Flesh over Spell Breaker to add more damage and give you immunity to spells. Earth Magic spells are added to deal extra damage while Famine and EoE deal the most. It can be used in most areas without hard heals or certain enchantment removers.
<pvxbig> [build prof=Elementalist/Mesmer EarthMagic=12+1+3 IllusionMagic=9 InspirationMagic=9 EnergyStorage=3+1][Obsidian Flesh][Stone Striker][Mantra of Earth] [Sympathetic Visage][Ancestor's Visage][Stoneflesh Aura][Crystal Wave][Sliver Armor][/build] </pvxbig>
- If you feel extra damage isn't needed (Crystal Wave) then bring...
- If using for UW Farming and want to avoid things you can't fight (Bladed Aatxe), to avoid it, bring a running skill just in case like...
- Radiant Armor and a Rune of Vigor and Vitaes
- Galigord's Stone Staff
- Tank whatever you're farming
- Keep up your enchantments and Mantra of Earth
- Use Crystal Wave and Sliver Armor for more damage
- If energy runs low, let the enemies hit you so you can gain energy with Mantra of Earth
QZ/Famine Ranger (Hero)
<pvxbig> [build prof=Ranger/Monk WildernessSurvival=12+1+3 BeastMastery=9+3 Expertise=9+1 ProtectionPrayers=2][Serpent's Quickness][Quickening Zephyr][Famine] [Edge of Extinction][Essence Bond][Succor][Watchful Spirit][Rebirth][/build] </pvxbig>
- Consider replacing Succor with...
- Again, if wanting to avoid fights, bring a running skill such as...
- Radiant armor and Runes of Attunement
- A +20 energy staff
- Activate Serpent's Quickness to keep QZ up indefinitely
- Place down and maintain your Spirits away from combat, but enough to still have the effect in place on the enemies
- Put Watchful Spirit and Succor on the Tank for some Health/Energy regeneration
- Put Essence Bond on as well to counteract the effects of Succor
- In the odd chance the tank dies, use Rebirth to get him/her out of harm
- This build is designed for general farming, so it can be used in most areas
- When a mob is somewhat nearby, start laying down Spirits and Monk Enchantments
- Let the Elementalist rush in while the Ranger lies back. Make sure the Elementalist doesn't leave the area affected by the Spirits or Enchantments, though.
- Let the Elementalist tank while the Spirits deal most of the damage
- If the Elementalist isn't taking any damage, remove the Monk Enchantments, as they'll kill the Ranger's Energy.
- QZ should speed up the recharge of all the skills, letting you be ready to go again
- If you're running the Ranger on a hero, you may have to manually cast the Spirits. This can be troublesome, but is easier than constantly needing a player to run with.