This build has been archived as of 03:45, 20 December 2006, for the following reason:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category Good before being archived.
The Melandru's Ranger is a resilient character that can be used to spread degen via bleeding as well as harass enemy characters. Melandru's Arrows is very effective, seeing as opponents are likely to be enchanted quite often, in light of the popularity of boon prots, Ether Prodigy Elementalists, and Smiters. Melandru's Ranger often works in tandem with Cripshots to spread degen.
Attributes and Skills
<pvxbig> [build prof=range/mesme expert=10+1+3 marksm=10+1 wilder=9+1 illusi=6][debilitating shot][dual shot][distracting shot][savage shot][distortion][melandrus arrows][troll unguent][resurrection signet][/build] </pvxbig>
- Spread degen to put pressure on enemy monks.
- When not spreading degen, try to target enchanted targets to further pressure enemy monks.
- Spam Savage Shot for interrupts, reserve distracting shots for skills with short recharge.
- Heal Party is the bane of this build, try to get distracting shot on that.
- Use Distortion to counter Adrenaline spikes.
- Use Debilitating Shot for energy denial.
- Try to use Dual Shot on enchanted characters to get the Melandru's Arrows damage bonus twice.
- Use Dual Shot followed by Savage Shot for a quick spike against dying targets or to assist allies on spikes.
- Heal with Troll Unguent.
- Distortion can be used to block interrupts from other rangers while activating Troll Unguent and Melandru's Arrows.
- Blackout is very useful for coordinated spikes, shutting down healers for the duration of the spike. Note that while blacked out, the ranger is still capable of spreading bleed, while a monk would be unable to relieve pressure until black out wears off. Also, as it is a skill it is affected by Expertise
- Marauder's Shot can be added for more spike power.
- Because you already have Distortion and points in Wilderness Survival, traps can fit quite easily onto this bar.
- Replace Distortion with Natural Stride for blocking defense and increased speed.