This build has been archived as of 07:27, 8 February 2009 (EST), for the following reason:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category great before being archived.
A Mesmer that provides direct damage, Elite shutdown, front-line buffs, and other support.
Attributes and Skills
<pvxbig> [build prof=Mesmer/monk Smiting=12 inspiration=10+1+1 fastcasting=8+1 heal=2][Signet of Removal][Mirror of Disenchantment][Bane Signet][Signet of Rage][Signet of Humility][Strength of honor][Mantra of Inscriptions][resurrection chant][/build] </pvxbig>
- +1 to smiting prayers Staff of Mastery for possible extra damage on your smiting skills.
- 40/40 healing set to help get Resurrection Chant off as fast as possible.
- +30 energy set.
- Defensive set.
- Artificer insignias.
- Use Signet of Removal for Hex and Condition removal off of Frontliners.
- Use Humility to take out key elites. If a ranger (or mesmer with complicate or cry of frustration) is trying to interrupt you, try to cancel the activation as much as possible to try and fake out the interrupt.
- Use Bane Signet for a spike assist or to help prevent adrenaline spikes.
- Use Castigation Signet for a spike assist or for energy management.
- Use Signet of Rage for a huge spike assist on Warriors (and Paragons, to a lesser extent).
- Keep Strength of honor on your physicals.
- Maintain your stance.
- Use Mirror of Disenchantment for removing party-wide enchants, like Aegis or Tainted Flesh. When these are not present, use it to remove prots or attunements.
- Complicate, Ignorance, and other skills that counter Signets.
- Constant stance removal, such as wild throw, can hinder this build.
- Judge's Insight as an additional buff (with castigation signet)
- Castigation Signet if energy management is needed, or as an extra damage skill.
- For more interrupts, take Signet of Distraction, or Leech Signet as a hard interrupt with a bit of energy management. If running signet of distraction, run 5+1 Domination magic for a 3-second per signet disable.
- Purge Signet for deep removal.
- Holy Wrath is useful if you are running multiple Signet Mesmers.
- Smite Hex for punishing the use of hexes.
- Resurrection Signet instead of Res Chant.
- This should be used with 3 Frontliners, if you are using less, use the build below.
Build:Me/Mo Empathic Smite Mesmer